GE Optic 2401 Translucent Silicone Coating 5-Gal Pail
GE SEC2401 Sil Shield Optic is now “GE Optic 2401” – the same trusted formulation, with a new, simplified name. Optic 2401 is a translucent waterproofing solution that goes on clear and stays clear to help maintain the visual aesthetics of your project. It not only protects the facade, but it also has the ability to maintain its appearance without yellowing, cracking, fading or blistering, preserving the building’s beauty. And since it’s a 100% silicone elastomeric coating, Optic 2401 cures to a durable, watertight and weatherproof barrier for lasting protection against damaging outdoor elements.
The innate properties of silicone, such as durability and permanent flexibility, arm Optic 2401 coating with the two most critical attributes of effective waterproofing: long term efficiency in sealing out air and water; and the ability to withstand weather and atmospheric conditions without degradation for over 20 years. As a vapor permeable, airtight and waterproof barrier, it resists wear from sun exposure and natural weathering.
Maximum possible coverage rate at 10 mils (25 microns) Coverage is 106 square feet /gallon
• Silicone Durability – Displays excellent long-term resistance to ultraviolet radiation, natural weathering, humidity, high and low temperatures with negligible change in elasticity.
• Breathable – Cured Optic 2401 waterproofs with high vapor permeability for building moisture management.
• Enduring Flexibility – Optic 2401 forms a translucent membrane that does not harden, crack or peel. Once cured, Optic 2401 has the ability to withstand appearance changes such as yellowing or loss of translucency.
• Primer-less Adhesion – Adheres without a primer to many common construction substrates including: glass, brick, concrete, stucco, masonry, wood, copper, EIFS, aluminum, natural stones and many painted surfaces
• Fast Cure – Achieves skin-over in under 30 minutes and is tack free in 2-4 hours under most conditions.
• Versatile Application – Easily applied using brush, roller, or airless spray
• Natural Surface Protection – Thin film application allows the natural substrate to be visible through the coating.
• Light Transmission – Waterproofs while still allowing the passage of light in applications such as glass block or sky lights.
• Anti Graffiti – Defends against non mechanical vandalism and graffiti; most paints and inks can be easily removed with appropriate cleaners.
FOR VERTICAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
FOR EXTERIOR APPLICATIONS ONLY
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY. For use by trained, experienced professionals, and contractors.
To view the most recent manufacturer data sheet, please click here