Plaster-Weld Plaster Bonding Agent 1-GAL
Description : Plaster bonding agent interior “plaster-weld”. Bonds new plaster to any clean, structurally sound, interior surface. High performance bonding of one-coat finish plaster and/or two and three coat work to concrete ceilings, walls, columns, beams, and other structurally sound surfaces.
Prepares the surface to allow you to plaster directly to concrete over electric radiant heat cable, and to bond cement mortar beds to smooth concrete for installation of rigid foam insulation. Can be used over paints having oil, rubber or vinyl bases and over silicone-treated surfaces as well as latex paints. Covers approximately 300 to 400 sq. ft. per gallon depending on method of application, temperatures, porosity and texture of the substrate.
- High performance bonding of finish plaster to concrete ceilings, walls, columns, beams and other structurally sound surfaces
- Covers approximately 300 to 400 sq. ft. per gallon
- Bonds to concrete, brick, block, glass, ceramic tile, wallboard, metals and marble
- Can Be Used Over Oil, Rubber, Vinyl, Silicone-treated surfaces, and Latex Paints
- Patented formula: polyvinyl acetate homopolymer
- Suitable with most non-waterbased paints
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous & low VOC
- Pink and non-bleeding.
- Meets ASTM C-631
- 385 psi ~ 400 Shear Bond Strength Avg. 28 days.
Uses: Designed for interior use only, Plaster-Weld® provides high performance bonding of one-coat finish plaster and/or two and three coat work to concrete ceilings, walls, columns, beams, and other structurally sound surfaces. Plaster-Weld® prepares the surface to allow you to plaster directly to concrete over electric radiant heat cable, and to bond cement mortar beds to smooth concrete for installation of rigid foam installation. Concrete, brick, block, glass, ceramic tile, wallboard, metals (e.g. sheet lead in x-ray rooms) and marble are suitable surfaces. Plaster-Weld® can be used over paints having oil, rubber, or vinyl bases, and over silicone-treated surfaces, as well as latex paints. Do not apply over water soluble paints, ie. casein or calcimine paints.
Performance & Properties.
Tensile Bond Strength: ASTM C-631 (pulling apart bonded cement briquet halves). In all cases failure
occurred in the cementitious material, not in the bond. 385 psi. Avg. 28 days.
- Temperature Range:
ASTM C-109 (specimens brought to 35 degrees F for 1 hr., then to 310
degrees F for 2 hrs). No bond failure. Shear tests 400 psi. Avg.
- Freeze-Thaw Stability:
5 cycles freeze (-10 degrees F and thaw). Freeze-thaw stable.
Enclosed mice exposed to 30 cc volatized bonding agent for 1 hr. Non-toxic,
no ill effects after 7 days.
Life Expectancy: Lab tested and field proven. Non-deteriorating bond; retains
strength and flexibility.
Coverage: Plaster-Weld® covers approximately 300 to 400 square feet per
gallon, depending on method of application, temperatures, porosity and texture
of the substrate.
Packaging: Plaster-Weld® is available in 5 gallon pails, 1-gallon cans, and quart containers.
Preparation & Execution:
- Surfaces to receive Plaster-Weld® MUST BE STRUCTURALLY SOUND AND
CLEAN, free from loose material, dust, dirt, oil, grease, wax, loose paint,
mildew, rust, laitance, or efflorescence. Form release agents, curing
compounds, hardeners, and sealers must be compatible with Plaster-Weld®.
- Application of bonding agent: Apply Plaster-Weld® uniformly using brush
roller, or spray to form a continuous pink film over the entire surface. Allow
to dry one hour. (NOTE: Painted surfaces must be sound, washable and
firmly adhered to the substrate. Glossy painted surfaces should be dulled
with an abrasive. Wait 60 days before applying bonding agent over newly
painted surfaces. Application of wallpaper to newly bonded plastered
surfaces should be delayed 90 days.
- Inspection of bonding agent: Prior to applying plaster, inspect bonding agent application to assure a continuous pink film over the entire bonding surface. Reapply Plaster-Weld® over areas not satisfactorily covered.
Apply a white skim coat of plaster 1/16 to 3/16 inch thick over Plaster-Weld® direct to concrete ceilings and other structural surfaces as shown and specified (the mixing, application and finishing of white coat shall be as specified for regular white.
To view the most recent Technical Data Sheet, please click here.