ATC – CRACKBOND® Healer/Sealer Epoxy (3-Gal Kit)
CRACKBOND® HEALER/SEALER is a two-component, deep penetrating, fast cure, high strength epoxy coating that will reduce intrusion of moisture and water soluble materials into concrete. The ultra-low viscosity of CRACKBOND HEALER/SEALER provides superior substrate wetting that allows quicker penetration into static cracks of concrete surfaces. It may be successfully applied and cured at temperatures between 40 °F and 105 °F (4 °C to 41°C ).
Concrete or substrate must be clean prior to application, structurally sound, non-friable and free of laitance (poorly bonded materials) and delaminations. New concrete should be a minimum of 28 days old. All dirt, oil, debris, wax, grease or dust should be removed. A dry surface is recommended for optimum results. If desired, the surface may be prepared mechanically using a scarifier, sandblast, shotblast or other equipment that will give the surface profile needed for the application. Remove any debris from mechanical cleaning by blowing the surface with oil-free compressed air, taking care to avoid inhalation of respirable crystalline silica dust in accordance with OSHA regulations. If surface is prepared by pressure wash, allow surface to dry 24 hours at temperatures >70 °F (21 °C) and <50% relative humidity, prior to installation of CRACKBOND HEALER/ SEALER. When surface preparation is complete, it is recommended to test small section on the substrate prior to full installation. This will help confirm compatibility and good adhesion, as well as desired appearance and aesthetics. If larger cracks are present on the surface to be sealed, these may be repaired by pressure injection with CRACKBOND LR321 prior to being coated with HEALER/SEALER. See TDS for CRACKBOND LR-321 for details regarding pressure injection of larger cracks.
CRACKBOND HEALER/SEALER is not intended to be placed over unrepaired, spalled, blistered, delamintated, crusted, chloride damaged, polished, sealed or densified concrete and is not intended to fill or stabilize control, isolation or expansion joints.
Meets DOT Approved Products List DOT APL Listing for ATC CRACKBOND Healer/Sealer Epoxy
Features & Advantages
- Ultra-low viscosity of 60-80 cP at 75 °F (24 °C), 100% solids epoxy formulation
- Superior bond strength, adhesion and wear characteristics
- Very low surface tension
- Non-volatile, moisture insensitive
- Improves the integrity of cracked and aging concrete surfaces
- Open to traffic in 6 hours at 75 °F (24 °C)
- Gravity penetration into hairline and drying shrinkage concrete cracks
- Protects, preserves and extends life of horizontal cracked concrete surfaces
- Seals surface to help prevent water and chloride intrusion
- Tack-Free time is 5 hours at 75 °F (24 °C) and in 3 hours at 90 °F (32 °C)
- ASTM C881-15, Types I, II, IV and V, Grade 1, Class B & C
- Pot Life is 15 min at 75 °F (24 °C) and 5 min at 90 °F (32 °C)
- 12 month shelf life
To view the most recent Technical Data Sheet, please click here.