3M – Fire Barrier Mortar
3M Fire Barrier Mortar helps prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gases. 3M™ Fire Barrier Mortar is a lightweight gypsum-based and endothermic firestop that is ready for mixing with potable water. 3M™ Fire Barrier Mortar will firestop penetrations passing through fire-rated floor or wall assemblies and other fire-rated interior building construction. 3M™ Fire Barrier Mortar exhibits excellent adhesion to a full range of construction substrates and penetrants. In addition, it will act as a heat sink, absorbing heat from penetrants and reducing the likelihood of combustible matter igniting on the unexposed side of the assembly.
Variable Mix Ratio: permits self-leveling as well as trowelable application consistencies, resulting in labor savings. Mix ratio can be varied from 1 part water to 2 parts powder for self-leveling and 1 part water to 3 parts powder for trowelable mortar. For vertical surfaces, use 3 parts mix to 1 part water.
• Firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC-S115
• UL/ULC listed systems (including concrete floors up to 2-1/2 in. (63.5 cm) minimum thickness)
• Excellent adhesion: bonds to concrete, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing
• Re-enterable/repairable with common hole saw
• Paintable with primer
• Halogen-free formula
• Water clean up (prior to cure)