Tremco Butyl Rubber Sealant
Tremco Butyl Rubber Sealant is formulated from a blend of butyl rubber and polyisobutylene to form an economical, flexible, exterior-grade weather-resistant sealant. Can be used for sealing joints in applications such as curtain wall joints, metal panel joining, bedding thresholds, secondary glazing seals, and areas where a seal is required against Tremco Neoprene or EPDM gaskets. Can be used on wood, metal, glass, concrete and masonry. This is also marketed under the TremPro Industrial OEM line as TremPro 651 Butyl Rubber Sealant.
Use in curtainwall joints, metal panel joining, bedding thresholds, secondary glazing seals, and areas where a seal is required against Tremco Neoprene or EPDM gaskets. Also can be used in hidden areas, such as under sill cans, thresholds, roofing applications, and around screw heads are excellent applications. Building application areas, such as between metal building panels, wall-mounted air conditioning units, under aluminum siding, gutters, roofing. And Automotive applications, such as truck trailers and cabs, shipping containers, bus bodies, modular homes and railroad cars are all good applications for proven tremco butyl rubber sealants.
- ASTM C 1311
- Conforms to U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-001657, Type 1
- CAN/CGSB 19-GP-14M, QPL 81002
- Economical flexible sealant
- Good exterior grade, weather resistant caulk
- Easy to apply and Tool
- Good movement capability
- Applies with a standard caulking gun
- Excellent primerless adhesion
- Bonds to; wood, metal, glass, concrete, masonry surfaces, and some plastics.
- Qualifies for Green Building Certification, and Low VOC material LEED Credits