Ruscoe | 974 Traffic Loop Detector Sealant
Ruscoe Permanent Sealer 974 nitrile rubber loop sealant – is a one part, elastomeric, nitrile rubber material that readily extrudes over a wide temperature range and cures to produce a tough, flexible rubber loop sealant unaffected by water, chemicals, fuels or incompressibles.
RUSCOE 974 Traffic Loop Detector Sealant & Crack Filler features:
- Easy application—one part ready to use as supplied; no mixing or heating required; dispensed directly from container by caulking guns or air powered pump.
- No tooling—self leveling when applied to a horizontal roadway-but non-running on inclined road.
- No priming—not required for good bond to either asphalt or portland cement concrete.
- Fast dry—skins over immediately, tack free in 2-3 minutes; no pick up or tracking will occur.
- Total encapsulation—wires protected against breaking, grounding of a wire rubbed bare and moisture, the penetration of which causes capacitive leakage and changing frequency.
- Resealability—will reseal to itself when needed.
- Flexibility—remains flexible to withstand pavement movement. No curing expansion—loop slot can be filled to within 1/16″ of road surface.
- Chemical resistant—jet fuel and hydrol fluids have no effect.
- No waste—unused portions in a securely sealed container can be used at a later date.
- Superior adhesion—will adhere to asphalt or portland cement concrete whether dry or damp.
- Good weatherability—nitrile rubber sealant unaffected by salts, oils, greases, transmission fluids, gasoline, rain, snow, ozone or temperature extremes.
- Long life reliability—remains rubbery from -60°Fto 350°F.
Ruscoe Permanent Sealer 974 nitrile rubber loop sealant is designed primarily for sealing the saw cuts for inductive loop wire installations. It effectively seals saw cuts in asphaltic concrete and portland cement concrete. The sealant is paintable simplifying striping operations. PERMANENT SEALER 974 will seal wire installations for privacy gates, parking lot entries, parking ramp entries, toll gates or wherever wires need sealing. RUSCOE PERMANENT SEALER 974 has been used effectively as a random crack filler in both portland cement concrete and asphalt concrete. Encapsulation of loop wires and lead-in wires at the pull boxes with PERMANENT SEALER 974 eliminates water damage when boxes fill with water.
To view the most recent Technical Data Sheet, please click here.