Ruscoe | Permanent Sealer 983 Joint Sealant
RUSCOE PERMANENT SEALER 983 -A nitrile rubber highway joint sealant material that readily extrudes over a wide temperature range and cures to produce a durable, tough, flexible rubber highway joint seal. Due to its excellent adhesive characteristics and good extension compression recovery, RUSCOE PERMANENT SEALER 983 gives outstanding performance in highway joints in which extreme movement occurs. Contraction joints are generally sealed to restrict intrusion of incompressibles, water and deicing chemicals at the joint surface.
RUSCOE 983 Highway Joint Sealant is uniquely effective as a joint sealant between a concrete roadway and an asphaltic concrete shoulder. It will bond to both materials to assure no intrusion of water into the joint.
RUSCOE 983 Highway Joint Sealant & Crack Filler features:
- Easy application — one part, ready to use as supplied; no mixing required; dispensed directly from container into joint with air powered pump.
- No priming —primer not required for bonding to concrete; surface must be clean.
- No tooling —self leveling eliminates need to tool sealant
- Seals irregular surfaces — can be used to seal joints where spalls have occurred.
- Long life reliability—cured sealant remains rubbery f rom-60° to 300°F. (-51° to 149°C) without tearing, cracking or becoming brittle.
- Fast dry—tack free in 10 minutes; road can be opened to traffic almost immediately after sealing in most applications.
- Elastic —meets the requirements of good joint design of ±25 percent (50 percent total) movement. This extension/compression characteristic can be repeated many times and sealant will resume its original shape without splits or cracks.
- Good Weatherability — nitrile rubber sealant is virtually unaffected by salts, chemicals, oils, grease, transmission fluids, gasoline, jet fuel, sunlight, rain, snow, ozone or temperature extremes.
- Performance requirements — Exceeds Federal Specification TT-S-00230C Type I, Class A, except for 3.5.5, weight loss.
- Superior Adhesion — will adhere to concrete and asphalt when dry or damp; no loss of adhesion.
To view the most recent Technical Data Sheet, please click here.