3M 540 Polyurethane Sealant 12-Pack
3M Polyurethane Sealant 540 is a high performance, fast curing, one component, moisture curing product which forms a permanent elastic bond to a wide variety of materials including plastics, FRP, SMC, aluminum, masonry, steel, coated metal, and wood. This product is ideally suited for a number of construction applications including; expansion joints, control joints, doors and windows, aluminum curtain walls and storefront glass, as well as precast and tilt-up construction. 3M Polyurethane Sealant 540 is Tack-free in 60 minutes per ASTM C679, features a Joint movement capability of ±25%, and once fully cured is suitable for Submerged waterproof applications. Comparable to 3M 5200 Marine sealant but half the price! Meets ASTM C-920
• Superior Flexible Bond
• 90 Minute Skin Time
• Smoke and Flame Rated
• Paintable after Tack-Free
• Joint Movement capability 25% +/-
• Bonds to; plastics, FRP, SMC, aluminum, steel, coated metal, and wood
• Use 3M 540 for Sealing, caulking, waterproofing
• Use 3M 540 for Aluminum curtain walls and storefronts
• Use 3M 540 for Doors and windows
• Use 3M 540 for Submerged applications
(10-oz Tubes) 3M 540 White 00-021200-49054-5 ,and (10-oz Tubes) 3M 540 Gray are in stock ready to ship
(20-oz Chubs) 3M 540 White 00-021200-56561-8 , (20-oz Chubs) 3M 540 Black 00-021200-96272-1 , and (20-oz Chubs) 3M 540 Gray 00-021200-56562-5 may have 1-2 weeks lead time, please call to check availability.
To view the most recent Technical Data Sheet, please click here.